Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Take a Step In The Direction of Your Goals


When you start a project that feels risky, public, and with a big-ass time-limit, you just KNOW that you are going to fail miserably, with your face in the dirt, for all the world to see. But then, maybe not. 

I've made a pledge to earn the same amount of money ($2000) I would have earned working for a project and a client that I really hated, instead by doing the work that I love in a way that supports both myself, my community and my environment. 

Well it is a few weeks into the project and I haven't made the goal yet. But I still have time, and I have already earned $220 from doing some really amazing work with some people I enjoyed working with. 

That's a big improvement, so excuse me while I go and high-five myself.

What's more important, it has given me the kick up the butt I needed to think about my life direction.

A person's life is made out of lots of small steps. If you don't stop looking at your feet and start looking at the horizon, those small steps might take you somewhere you never actually intended to go. 

With that in mind, I know I will reach my goal by taking many small steps in the direction I choose.

Wish me luck! 

In the next post, I will write about the selected charities that will be benefiting from this project, and I'm going to explain why I have had to change my underarm deodorant. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...