Friday, September 9, 2011

52 Weeks of Writing: Week One

Loving the new logo! With an antique version of Adobe Photoshop which  I have owned forever, I will update the logo and track my progress each week as I go through my 52 Weeks of Writing. This way I can share my shame and fame equally with everyone as I continue on the journey.

It's been a mixed first week. A few rejections of course from the short story I sent out to some magazines last week, but that's expected. I was surprised how well I took the rejections, actually. In addition, I had to write a short story for my creative writing class. Having left it, like most things, to the last minute, I pumped out a 5000 word story in three days. How did I feel after it was done? Elated. Exhausted. Spent. Satisfied. For the first time, I started to wonder about the many ways creativity and sex are so similar. In traditional Indian and Yogic philosophy, creative and sexual energies both come from the same place in the body -- the Sacral Chakra, also known as Swadhisthana or the Navel Chakra.

Asides from all this, there are a few new creative projects on the go, which I hope to unveil soon. Just finished reading "The Wise Man's Fear" by Patrick Rothfuss, and trying desperately to finish some books for my English paper (namely "Wind in the Willows", "Coraline" and "Alice in Wonderland"). So hard to read what people tell you to read, when there are so many exciting books out there just waiting for me. For example, I just recently purchased "Zombies vs Unicorns" - a short story anthology edited by Holly Black and Justin Larbalestier. Goodness gracious! I don't know whether to read the thing or devour it.

Time to go and finish writing some articles for work, clean the house and head to university for a lecture.One week down... just a few to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...