Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Interview with Mary Oliver on Oprah.com

Just recently Oprah.com has posted a rare interview with the poet Mary Oliver by Mary Shriver.

Mary has been publishing poetry for over 20 years and is a winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award.

It was last year when I was first introduced to the writings of Mary Oliver. I was living out in the country at the time with my partner, and attempting to re-establish myself with my roots and connection to nature. After living in a city for a few years, the country boy inside just wants to get out and get muddy again! Mary Oliver and her work entered my life at this important junction, and I found the themes of her poetry reflected and mirrored themes within my story and my heart.

Discovering Mary Oliver's poetry was also a wonderful reminder that the world is still full of beautiful and human writing, just hiding beneath the surface and waiting to be discovered.

The link to the interview is here. You can also visit Mary Oliver's official web site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...